Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy streaming video playback within browser.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2NDS0N

2NDS0N

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

For the last month or so online video has been choppy. In troubleshooting the problem I've found that another computer on the same network doesn't have this problem so not the network or internet connection. Neither is the problem about buffering since it'll still be choppy after the entire video has loaded. As well, I can download and save a choppy video and play it back on VLC or even open and play it from within Firefox and it works fine. The problem is only when streaming videos from a website (all websites) whether in Firefox, Chrome or IE.

I've tried updating the Flash Player, DirectX and video card driver, I've tried turning on/off hardware acceleration in Flash, Firefox and Display within Control Panel, I've tried disabling my virus protection and firewall, I've tried locating and disabling startup programs and services associated with none running software programs....Nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try to fix this?

Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Is this happening at Youtube or elsewhere? Is it just happening at one site or several sites? Link please so I can look at it myself. How much RAM do you have? Be aware that random buffering and choppiness on streaming video sites can be normal even if it doesn't seem normal. One solution is to pause the video and allow it to load completely before playing it.

#3 2NDS0N

2NDS0N
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Pretty sure most of your post is answered by my original post. And RAM is obviously not the problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users