Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected and need help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mettalmann

Mettalmann

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hello, I am new to this site and will appreciate any help someone may be able to provide. My PC was hit with a virus, I should say with about 7 viruses that I believe have been removed but it has removed all of my documents; well at least I thought it did. The Drive space for but the C and D draives is still showing that they are bieng used but there nothing in them, they are blacnk but the programs are there.

I restarted in safe mode and tried to system restore to an earlier date which worked but everything was gone. I installed Malwarebytes and ran a complete scan and it found.

Rougue.FakeHDD category File
Rougue.fakehdd category regestry value
Rougue.fakeHDD category memory process
trojan.dropper category file
trojan.exploit.d...
PUM.Hijack.Taskmanger category registry data

I have cleared the machine of all of these and ran Malware again it found nothing. I hae ran Spybot and it found nothing, and I was able to run my Symantec Endpoint after live update and it found nothing. Even after all of this I still have my D drive that shows it has only 11G of space left of 250 total, this is where my music and pics were stored, and the C drive where all my other words type docs were stored are gone too.

Odd thing is that the drive space show that is is bieng used but there noting there, how do I fix this, and is it something that can be fixed?

Any help would of course be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

Let's see, if we can recover your missing features.
Download and run UnHide
Let me know, if it worked.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users