Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

start up problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgeriley

georgeriley

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hi guys
complete novice here & newbie ive just been given a desktop with minimal memory 256 i think i took the ram stick out to check it but now when ive put it back in the system stalls on searching for floppy etc.Then it asks me to insert disc any ideas up to me taking ram out the pc did start up now it wont

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I think, that the Ram-card is not very well installed in the slice.
Take care as first that you are anti static, than must you check out or the Ram-card is correct installed.
Check also the ide cable. When you opened the case, than you will see a red cable from the Mobo to the Hard disk, when the red cable is not stable, than get you trouble too, just like what you did said.

#3 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

thanks ill have another look & let you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users