Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Deskjet 1220c Gone Mad!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cremsoc

cremsoc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

I have a HP Deskjet 1220C when if you make a mistake in the size of paper and offer it A4 instead of A3, for example, or the other day the paper jammed and I had to pull it out (of the front) it now won't stop spewing out rubbish (just a couple of lines on each page). This has now been going on for a day and a half non-stop!

This happened before and one kind person advised me that I needed to push a certain button or combination of buttons 3 times and it stopped!!! However, I can't remember which ones and nothing I try seems to work.

There is no job in the print queue, so can't delete it. If you turn the machine off, it continues to print when turned back on. I have removed all the cables from it and reconnected. I've rebooted my computer AND NOTHING WILL STOP IT. HELP!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hello cremsoc and welcome to BC.

The easiest thing to try here would be to uninstall/reinstall the printer (the software portion). Do you have the CD that came with the printer?

HP has some info on that printer in HP Deskjet 1220c Printer series Support & Troubleshooting

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 cremsoc

cremsoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:31 AM

Hi Leurgy

Thanks for your prompt response! Yes, I'm sure we have the software and could definitely try this, thanks. It has happened several times before and usually stops by itself (albeit maybe 4 hours later!) but not this time. I think what happened was that my colleague was printing an A3 graph, the paper got jammed and she had to pull it out. It was when she put the paper back in that it started printing symbols only just at the top of the paper. This has been going on for over 8 hours now. It has a little rest and then off it goes again. It's absolute madness!

There is also a combination of buttons that you can push. You don't know the combination do you??? One kind person recently DID know and it worked, but we cannot remember! :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:07 AM

Sorry, I don't know the sequence of buttons to press but I did find this page of Internal Tests. Perhaps one of those will help.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 cremsoc

cremsoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

I'VE FOUND THE ANSWER!!!! You push the 'X' button on the front 3 times in quick succession and it stops! Thank God!!!

Hope this helps someone else out there who's 1220C has gone mad.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

Thats great. Thanks for posting back and letting us know. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users