Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan hider.OOW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crashedcomp

crashedcomp

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hello. I have virus Trojan Hider.OOW. My AVG detects but can not fully get rid of it. My machine will not sytem restore but I understand that probaly wouldnt help anyhow. My browser is randomly redirecting when using any search function. I don't know much about this kinda thing. I checked to see if there was a proxy server checked in the connections settings and there is not. Speedy help would be very well accepted.

Thank you,

Crash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

This looks like a Siref infection. The ,alare is most likely in your system file NewBT.sys amd will eventually corrupt it.
So let's move you.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Include a link back to this topic.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 crashedcomp

crashedcomp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Its been 4 days since I posted as per your request. Should I be concerned??

Thank you.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

You have not been forgotten there. If you are not picked up in a total of 5 days a Helpbot will reply to your topic and you should follow those instructions.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users