Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain websites don't load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HavokTheorem

HavokTheorem

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

For a long time I've tolerated this problem. Basically, an assortment of websites have trouble loading. Some times they will take a couple refreshes to load, sometimes they will load in HTML after a long time, and some don't load at all. Sometimes a website will work fine, but then not load the next day. It's starting to really piss me off, especially since it affects such websites as:
- SoundCloud
- Twitch.tv
- Justin.tv
- The Escapist
- Facebook (occasionally)
- Many more!
As far as I can tell, this all started a few months ago. My internet spontaneously stopped working. I called my ISP (TelstraClear NZ), and the operator did some troubleshooting. Eventually the problem just seemed to fix itself after I unplugged and replugged my modem; I guess it reset my connection. But ever since then, I've had this problem.
I have a SURFBoard modem and a Netgear wireless router.
The things I've done to try fix are:
- Changing my DNS servers - many times
- Using a different OS/computer
- Using a different browser
- Pinging the servers of stuck websites. Often I can't reach them with a ping
- Turning off/unplugging my modem and router
- Plugging my modem directly into the computer
I'm at my wit's end as to what the problem is. Everything i can see suggests that this is a DNS problem - the seemingly arbitrary times websites won't work, my inability to ping them, the random assortment of affected websites. The only other thing that would make sense to me is that it is my ISP causing the problem - but only for my connection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

Diagnose the problem with the ISP modem only being used. It might be a hardware or connection problem from your provider. Try ipconfig/flushdns on command prompt.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users