Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer can't get passed windows start up screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lexjulie

lexjulie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hello,

i have an hp touchsmart tm2 tablet with an intel i3 processor. i started having problems after a windows update. at first it was freezing often, then once in a while it said it wasn't an authentic version of windows (but it is), then on random occasions it was telling me i had hard drive problems.

Then it started freezing completely after 2 minutes of use, and now it won't even get passed the windows startup screen.
Every time i start a scan of any sort it gives me the "scan failed" message, restarts and gets stuck again.

Can someone help me find out what is wrong with it, without losing all the work i have saved on my hard drive?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

then on random occasions it was telling me i had hard drive problems.

On what part does this message appears? Is there a software posting this message? You could use an enclosure or USB to SATA/IDE adapter to connect the drive on another working PC.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users