Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot CD/Disks for Diagnostics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hi All,
I'm looking for some suggestions on an "all-in-one" Boot CD that will run various diagnostics from Hard Drive tools, to virus scans, to partitioning tools, etc. etc.
Which ones would you recommend. (Ultimate Boot CD, Boot CD for Windows, etc.). Which one seems to be the "best"?

The tools must be able to read/write to NTFS partitions and be compatible with SATA hard drives, and both 32 and 64 bit processors. I'd also like a tool to access and edit (read/write) to the registry hives outside of the OS.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buckydd

buckydd

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

I prefer to boot ubuntu as a live cd. Its a much more graphical way than other diagnostic cds tend to be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users