Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Checked everything in HiJack This because Computer was running really slowly and 100% cpu usage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clayz

Clayz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

I was looking at a youtube video of how to use HJT and it said to checkmark everything and hit fix; my computer was running perfectly fine 2 weeks ago with games running at 30 fps and really little lag but suddenly has been running extremely slow with long wait times and 2 fps so i decided to follow the video. After hitting fix everything my computer seems to be running a bit better but i'm not exactly sure if anything has been fixed. Now my concern is: should i restore back to before i 'fixed' everything? or should i leave it alone since it seems to have improved a bit and i cant find anything wrong yet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

After hitting fix everything my computer seems to be running a bit better but i'm not exactly sure if anything has been fixed.

Hello Clayz and Welcome -
If you think there may be some infections left, please repost in the Am I Infected? area of the forum.
If you feel there is a specific problem still, please give a bit more detail.

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

<<Now my concern is: should i restore back to before i 'fixed' everything? or should i leave it alone since it seems to have improved a bit and i cant find anything wrong yet>>

Well...if you have no problems today...what would be gained by a restore effort?

As for HJT...that's a malware tool...does that mean that you had malware issues and tried to resolved such yourself?

Or did you think that HJT is some sort of diagnostic tool for overcoming system problems?

Louis

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

"I was looking at a youtube video of how to use HJT and it said to checkmark everything and hit fix" That is really bad advice. That will remove any programs that load at start-up including your Antivirus task-bar portion.

Please in the future do not listen to anything that a YouTube video suggests without at a minimum checking it out here with people that deal with problems.

That video is suggesting major surgery on your PC. More or less comparable to removing your Brain to cure something that Aspirin could have helped.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users