Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create Windows 7 Recover (not repair) disk?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I have a Asus K52F laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. The laptop did not come with a Windows 7 recovery disk. Can a Windows 7 64 bit recover disk be created? When I use the term "recovery disk", I do not mean "repair disk". I already created a repair disk. But my understanding is that the repair disk can not be used to reinstall Windows 7.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

When I use the term "recovery disk", I do not mean "repair disk".

Hi -
Do you have a specific problem that may need a recovery disk, or is this just a general question.

>>""Can a Windows 7 64 bit recover disk be created?""<<
The answer to the above question is generally Yes - I have made both for my Win 7 and my XP also.
I also purchased a Recovery set of DVDs from Toshiba for my Win 7 - (about $60 home delivered) -

Thank You -
EDIT - A quote from Windows 7 Forum -

I called the ASUS E store here in the U.S., and was told they would sell me one of these "Recovery" DVDs for $40--the catch is that it is no different from the bloatware image already embedded on my laptop.

Edited by noknojon, 21 December 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hello GoshenBleeping,

Your laptop has a hidden recovery partition. You therefore have two options for hard drive recovery.

Option one - Use a Recovery DVD, previously made. See Creating the Recovery DVD.

Option two - Recover directly from the hidden partition. See Using Recovery Partition.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users