Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From Ontario

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nussey

nussey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

[/b] Hello I am new to this forum. I am retired and since I got a computer about 7 years ago I learned allot mostly by trial and error. Now I'm on my 3rd computer but its 4 years old and I am thinking about getting a new one. The question is should I wait for the new operating system or not. This computer is starting to show its age. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

Welcome to BC!
While the release date for Vista is still tentative, you may be able to pick up a new computer capable of running Vista (or running Vista WELL) somewhat earlier and save some money, if your computer is still more or less usable so that you can wait until Fall.
Regards,
John

For further reading:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1843945,00.asp
Article makes distinction between current computers able to run Vista, and those that can take full advantage of the purported graphics enhancements.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvi...e/entpguid.mspx
MS provides enterprise planning guidelines for Vista PCs. This is undated, but presumably kept current by the various vendors to which it links.

Edited by jgweed, 06 February 2006 - 11:24 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! nussey.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic