See Picture on Error-checking
I don't really want to format it if I can help it..
I read this somewhere you should NEVER format the USB drive because Windows will apply a different file allocation table than what the drive came with.
I came across this DOS command called rmdir (remove directory) is it possible I could use this to view the files and delete them?
It might help.
My Jump Drive thing says this about formatting-
- Copy the entire JumpDrive Secure folder onto your Desktop.
- Verify that there are no important files on your JumpDrive. The next step requires you to format your JumpDrive. Once you do this, you will be deleting all files from your JumpDrive.
- Go to My Computer and locate your JumpDrive. Right-Click on the icon and Select format from the Menu.
- Uncheck the box next to the Quick-Format if it is checked. You should be formatting in Full Format
- Begin Formatting
- Once the drive is formatted, go to the following link to download version 3.2 for JumpDrive Secure. http://lexar.com/drivers/index.html
- Save this file on your desktop
- If required, unzip the files
Once you have downloaded the zip file, you will see a Word Document, which will give you step-by-step instructions on how to install the software update on your JumpDrive Secure. Please read this document prior to installing the software on your JumpDrive. Once you have completed the above steps, you will be able to re-configure your drive utilizing the 3.2 Version of the JumpDrive Secure Software.
So,I imagine if you did format yours,you might have to visit the manufacturer's site & get new files for yours.
I don't know DOS,so I can't help with it.
Send me a private message & I'll offer different help...