Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sd Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammi2002

sammi2002

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:09 AM

I have recently purchased a HDD DVD recorder, which has a slot that takes an SD card to view image files. A lot our family photos are stored on PC. Using both Windows Explorer and ACDSee, I have a problem where I can't load more than 170 jpeg files onto the card, after the 170th file has loaded, I get a message that says that "the directory or file cannot be created". There is miles of space left on the card.

Any suggested solution would be appreciated.

Cheers,
sammi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:53 AM

If you're simply placing the files onto the drive, the root folder of any drive only has space reserved for a limited number of files.

To store more (limited by storage capacity not number of files) you will need to place them in a folder or folders. Normally a viewing device will then treat these folders as albums.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 sammi2002

sammi2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Cheers,
sammi