Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interactive Whiteboards!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave963

Dave963

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:05 AM

hi there

i am currently working in a school which has loads of interactive whiteboards. I have one current issue which i just can't solve.

I have installed all of the appropriate drivers and software to make it work and everything works fine. but if the computer is restarted or shut down, when you turn it back on, the whiteboard and projector show the windows 98 boot screen, but then everything dissapears when it reaches the login screen.

If i were to start the computer up without the whiteboard plugged in, it boots up fine. and also if i plug the whiteboard in after i have logged on, it all works fine.

basically the computer doesn't like the drivers and makes windows crash (because when you turn it back on after everything goes black, it offers me the choice of safe mode, dos prompt etc) but it does like them if the whiteboard is not plugged in at boot up. any ideas please? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:01 AM

Hi Dave,

It sounds like the interface of the whiteboard is having problems. Have you tried another whiteboard on this computer? and Have you tried this whiteboard on another computer? I'm not sure if you tried uninstalling everything and starting from scratch, but that may be the next step.

What is the make and model of the whiteboard and we will look from there.

Good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users