Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from a small town in Iowa!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slightly Warped

Slightly Warped

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm Slightly Warped (but aren't we all!)
I'm a PC tech in small town Iowa. I grew up in Houston and Dallas and just got tired of the big city and heat. I moved up here last winter.

I have frequently used the information and tools found in the tutorials section to assist me in fixing computers owned by both customers and friends. I seem to have run into a new version of the Vista Security 2012 Malware bundled with the ZeroAccess rootkit. This is the 4th PC with this infection I have seen in two weeks. It seems to be creating locked registry keys limiting network access to local only and deleting registry keys required for AFD.SYS and DHCP components to run. Looks like unpatched Java was exploited and started this mess. I'll be heading over to the security forum and creating a new post shortly.

I am looking to get my post count to 20 in order to register for the malware removal class. One down...19 to go!

Thanks to Grinler and all of the others on this forum that give of their time to help the rest of us out with our PC problems

Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users