Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mariofev!mem virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murphyville

Murphyville

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hi all. My name is Jenn. I am hoping I can find some help here in removing a very stubborn virus.

My husband's computer was recently infected. All icons disappeared, start menu was disabled, desktop was disabled. It looked like the hard drive had been erased. After some digged and scan after scan, everything is there just hidden. I managed to restore most everything to as before. However, when I run stinger it gives me a root virus of mariofev!mem and roguekiller confirms a mbr infection. I run several scans will various programs but am not knowledgable enough to isolate the service or sys file that is causing the problem. I need some experienced help to read what I am seeing and correct it.

Thanks in advance,

Jenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer wiz45

Computer wiz45

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Based on the information you need help form the Malware Removal Team : Follow this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html Please be patient this part can be busy. If help bot replies please follow step 1.

Edited by Computer wiz45, 20 December 2011 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users