Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RDP disconnect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cartotech81

cartotech81

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Is it possible using RDP to keep the client from being disconnected when you remote in from the server? If not is there any software that will allow this? I do not want to boot my users off each time I remote in, but would rather talk them through the steps or have them show me what they were doing when a problem exits.

thanks,

Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hi, we use TightVNC at work http://www.tightvnc.com/
MCP
MSDST

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

with RDP you cannot have more than one user active at a time on a workstation OS. You can however have the user use remote assistance to allow you to connect their computer while it is active. There are also alternative third party software like PCanywhere that will allow you to remotely control the users PC while they are still active.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users