Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All files disappeared/unaccessible sysfix.dll?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 elsancheezmo

elsancheezmo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

Attempted to stream TV on my laptop (Aspire 7552G-6061/Windows 7).
McAfee alerted that it blocked a Trojan
Closed browser (Firefox) and got a brief BSOD
Comp restarted and I chose Safe Mode (w/o networking)
Ran anti-virus and it only scanned ~20% before shutting down comp
Rebooted in Safe Mode w/networking and re-scanned.
Completed and detected/removed 1 virus.
Re-scanned and went to bed.
Next day - booted and seemed OK. Not OK. Began false alerts and pop-ups, all desktop files disappeared except for trash can. Everything under START gone except for All Programs. Under All Programs, folders (empty) except for McAfee. Only way to get to internet and YOU is to launch McAfee and go to help website, which will launch Firefox.
McAfee tech suggests a sysfix.dll issue?
Installed and ran MalwareBYTES quick scan, cleaned (9) issues. Now I can see 'Computer' under START but no other folders/files.
Malwarebyte scan/clean, DDS and Attach logs below. 64-bit system so did not run gmer.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Closed at member request.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users