Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 System Failure

System Failure

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

I have two computers in my office and they both are wired to a modem and I'm having problems setting up one of them to the network. It tells me that I am not connected to the internet, however, when I pull up dos I am able to ping ip addresses but not domain names. I recently had the WIN 7 2012 Virus, but I did a complete system recovery, thinking there was something corrupt in the registry, and it still won't connect. One computer will coneect to the internet but the other one won't. I did notice today that the IP address for the one computer is set to a static ip address. The ip address starts with 71.11 and the DHCP server starts with 68.114. Is this common? Should the DHCP server have the same beginning numbers as the static ip of the pc? I need help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file:

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself. Let us know if this worked

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users