Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Anti-Virus 2012 Removal help please

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rolla39

rolla39

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

I had the System Fix virus and believe I have cleared that up using the tools posted on Bleeping Computer- “Thank You”; except there is a file in my Program files called System Fix with an Uninstall program in there and a desktop shortcut that says System Fix. I don’t know how to get rid of it. I don’t want to click onto Uninstall in case it just will load the virus again. But….

Once I had the System Fix virus to stop taking over my laptop with false security messages, I was searched Google for reviews for better virus protection software and when I clicked into one, I believe I infected my laptop with the XP Anti-Virus 2012 when I clicked onto the hyperlink for a software review.

I have tried the virus fix recommendations on Bleeping Computer for XP Anti-Virus 2012 but I haven't been able to fix it or some part of it is still there. I can’t get online on the laptop so I will check in from my desktop computer for any responses.

Can you please help?

rolla39@sbcglobal.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users