Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slow, displaying odd behaviour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tristan042

tristan042

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Over the last few days my computer has been exhibiting some weird behaviour.

The issue is jerky mouse behaviour, as though the computer is working on an intensive task in the background. It's a damn fast PC, and currently the only thing I have open is firefox. I've changed the mouse and updated drivers to be sure. Same thing.

Possibly not related, but my wifi (which until recently has worked perfectly) is doing weird stuff. Dropping in and out, slow etc.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Tristan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tristan042

tristan042
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Sorry in addition - Audio and video freeze randomly as well, similar to mouse freezing

#3 tristan042

tristan042
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:26 AM

I've also found that an 'svchost' process being run by system has suspiciously high memory usage. When I killed it symptoms seemed to stop, but a bunch of other stuff i.e. aero effects, internet etc stopped working as well. The process restarted itself and symptoms have returned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users