I have an issue with my HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop.
Ram: 4GB DDR
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53 Ghz
The story of my issue started in such a manner.
1. Without any reason the system was tooooooooo slow.
2. When I checked it, I found there are lot of process with the name scvhost.exe.
3. To reduce that I downloaded a shareware malware removal tool and cleaned it. Something(!!) happened but it was better for 1 day.
4. Again it started to give a problem, I tried to use scandisk, diskdefragmenter, chkdisk assuming it will free up unwanted memory and make my laptop faster than above.
5. But things got worser each day. One fine day when I try to login to my system, it gives me an error message saying that my hard disk is affected my Smart Hard Disk error - 808 and I need
to replace the hard disk. I didn't give much importance because i was able to login to my system those days.
Later these type of messages(you have to replace hard disks, you have issues with hard disks) popped up when the system was running. And one point of time, it didn't allow me to login to my system, I tried to logged into my system through safe prompt and it stopped me at classpnp.sys. And I don't have any option to get into my system.
When I try to run Hard disk test, it gives me Smart Hard Disk Error - 808 etc etc and cannot log into my system at all.
One important thing is I haven't drop my laptop anywhere and Im keeping it safely. So there should not be hardware problem, I hope so.
Q: Is this could be a problem of any malware/antivirus and Can it be recovered? or if my hard disk drive is affected and has to be replaced?
Can anyone help me out of it
Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2011 - 10:47 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware.