Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain sites loading improperly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjreich

tjreich

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

When I go to certain sites (one in particular, though I believe it happened to another one earlier today) it loads wrong. Everything is out of alignment and disorganized, I think most people using computers have seen something similar either because of something blocking parts of the site or internet issues, but this continually happens despite refreshing. The site just loads wrong when I am using firefox. I popped up windows IE and it loaded like it should there.

I also just had another weird incident which I may as well add in here. When I logged into my hotmail account, my left click wouldn't do anything. I couldn't see my inbox or something by clicking. I could right click and open it in a new tab though, and it worked normally in IE. Additionally (this was while registering for this site), when I tried to sign in here after following the link (I think this was still on IE, not 100%) it took me back to my inbox... I went back again, typed in this site's account and password...and it put me back into hotmail.
I used tdsskiller to remove a rootkit about a month ago. Am I paranoid thinking this is something malicious? I ran malwarebytes and it came up blank.
[windows vista home basic service pack 2, not sure what else you guys need]

Thanks ahead of time for any tips.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,373 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hi tjreich,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :)

What version of Firefox is installed? To find out click on Help then About Firefox in the menu bar. You'll find the version displayed there.

When I go to certain sites (one in particular, though I believe it happened to another one earlier today) it loads wrong. Everything is out of alignment and disorganized, I think most people using computers have seen something similar either because of something blocking parts of the site or internet issues, but this continually happens despite refreshing. The site just loads wrong when I am using firefox. I popped up windows IE and it loaded like it should there.

I've never come across this issue myself though helped someone not long ago with a similar issue and after days of trouble shooting found that it turned out to be his K9 Web Protection. Do you have any Parental Controls installed?

You could also try starting Firefox in safe mode to see if that makes a difference. Please do not confuse this with Windows Safe Mode. Not the same.

See link below on how to do that:

Firefox Safe Mode

If I may ask, who guided you with removing the rootkit? Are you sure the computer is clean? Did you have this problem before the rootkit or just there after? If you'd like to verify that your computer is clean, you could start a thread here and have a professional have a look. If you do, please explain in detail and add a link to this thread.

Please stay tuned. Other members may have some suggestions as well.

Donna

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Step 1: Reset Firefox Preferences

Step 2: Uninstall Firefox,download and install the latest version from their website.

Should the issue persist: It may be a browser-webpage compatibility issue or some kind of residual infection from the previous attack.

Also try running a scan using Spybot Search and Destroy.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 20 December 2011 - 07:31 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users