Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Crashes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 megaman0000000

megaman0000000

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

my computer is 1 year old and it has been crashing on me i have been using it and it just shuts off. at first i thought it was the power supply unit because the fan was making a lot of noise so i replaced it the noise isn't a problem anymore but it still shuts off at random times its usally during a game not surfing but it did do it when i was using windows media player a couple times
i could use some help thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 linderman

linderman

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

what is the make and size of the PSU you replaced it with ?????

what are your system specs ????

:thumbsup:

#3 megaman0000000

megaman0000000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

what is the make and size of the PSU you replaced it with ?????

what are your system specs ????

:thumbsup:

SPI 400 watt PSU

System Specs

1024 MB RAM DDR (x2 512mb)
200 GB Hard Drive (partitioned)
DVD-RW
GeForce FX5900XT, 128mb DDR
Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ

#4 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

Do this:

Control panel>System> Advanced tab>Startup recovery/failure button, on the bottom> Uncheck automatically restart on system failure.

Secondly, Check event viewer

Control panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer, check applications, system, and security and see if there is a report right before or after a crash and tell us what it is.

#5 deeppurple0405

deeppurple0405

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:42 AM

Hey man mine recently started doing that, so i started looking for signs at what was causing it to do so, and i opened my computer up and saw that some capacitors was inlarged and corroded which means that the motherboared had overheated and fried. This may be what happened, or it my be many other things too.

Ohh yeah check your hard drive too.

Edited by deeppurple0405, 06 February 2006 - 02:43 AM.

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif] [b] t (-_-) t DeEpPuRpLe t (-_-) t

#6 megaman0000000

megaman0000000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

Hey man mine recently started doing that, so i started looking for signs at what was causing it to do so, and i opened my computer up and saw that some capacitors was inlarged and corroded which means that the motherboared had overheated and fried. This may be what happened, or it my be many other things too.

Ohh yeah check your hard drive too.

hey i check the motherboard capacitors look fine.

i'll check the hard drive though.

#7 megaman0000000

megaman0000000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

Do this:

Control panel>System> Advanced tab>Startup recovery/failure button, on the bottom> Uncheck automatically restart on system failure.

Secondly, Check event viewer

Control panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer, check applications, system, and security and see if there is a report right before or after a crash and tell us what it is.

so i did that and there is this warning message around the time of which crash the mesaage never shown up
on the desktop only on the event veiwer is says

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users