Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RKill not stopping "Win 7 Security 2012"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 djlocke

djlocke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

So, this morning I found a "Win 7 Security 2012" window on my home desktop and knew it was malware. Used my laptop to find instructions to get it removed - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-security-2012

When I get to the RKill step, I ran the RKill iExplorer.exe a few times after downloading it. Downloaded and ran the other versions as well. I still have 12 warning windows from "Win 7 Security 2012" up - counted as running Applications in my Task Manager - and many suspicious processes listed in the Task Manager.

Not sure what to do now.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonesy11

jonesy11

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

I am not an expert, but also have Win 7 Security Internet 2012, I have found that I must rerun the FixNCR.exe mentioned in the thread every time to stop the virus from running. Good luck, this damn thing is tough to remove, I am getting help to remove it.

#3 hitek713

hitek713

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

your best bet on this rogue software, since i've dealt with the same; is to extract your personal data, and do a factory reset. best of luck

#4 djlocke

djlocke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

OK, I let the computer sit because I had to go to work. Came back hours later and the rogue processes were not running. Don't know if it was RKill or McAfee, but I followed the rest of the steps and seem to be clear.

David

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

We don't use any tools

Run malwarebytes as administrator in safemode.That should solve the issue.:thumbsup:

#6 djlocke

djlocke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks narenxp! I did run Malwarebytes when I came back and saw none of the fake warning windows open and saw no suspect processes in the task manager. Things seem clear now. I did not run Malwarebytes in Windows Safe Mode, but will probably do that (I did run it as an admin).

David

#7 jonesy11

jonesy11

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

It may regenerate itself, like it is doing on my machine, I can stop it with rkill and clean it with malwarebytes, but it later comes back. I am currently waiting for help to clean it in the other forum. Good luck, if it comes back suggest you ask for advanced help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users