Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I connect my PC to TV via Wifi?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

What I want to do is be able to control my PC from my TV screen. I mean I want to be able to stream a live ball game or movie I have on my PC hard drive & see it on my TV. I heard about Roku & thought that is what I wanted or Blueray with DLNA. But Roku just pulls streams from subscriber sites like Netflix & Hulu. DLNA will allow you to view video you have on your HDD but will not let you stream live feeds like watching a live event that is streaming on your PC. Is there any hardware out there that will allow me to have what’s on my PC screen on my TV screen via wifi (or other means)? Thanks!
Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

After much research I've decided the best option would be:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SMP-N200-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005MR6CNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324329032&sr=8-1

Its basically a DLNA capable Blueray machine without the disk player part. I have not played a actual DVD on my TV in ages. It will allow me to watch stuff I have on my PC & has internet, streaming options as well. Not 100% what I was shooting for but close enough. Thanks!
Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users