Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Fowarding E-mails

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Howdy,

I am trying to figure out how to keep my original e=mail account out of a email when I forward it from another e-mail account that I have.

I will try to explain this better. I went to my pictures and forwarded a picture to my yahoo e-mail. I then forwarded that to another person. Apparently when they got the e-mail it should both of my e-mail accounts.

It also happened when I went to photobucket. Speaking of that. In order to get to my photobucket account I guess I have to use the my e-mail account that I registered under. Is there a way to use photobucet with my yahoo e-mail only ?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Dennis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

Just a guess here,but did you send it BCC.Another words,blind carbon copy.When it is received it won't show other addresses.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

Just a guess here,but did you send it BCC.Another words,blind carbon copy.When it is received it won't show other addresses.

Thanks for the reply but I am lost in what you are saying.

I am just thinking there has to be some way that when you forward your e-mail to another e-mail account that you may have that there is a way to keep your original e-mail address private when passing it along ????

Thanks Again,

Dennis

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Try this http://www.techiecorner.com/1134/how-to-send-mail-using-different-email-address-in-yahoo-mail/

Tekken

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

BCC will only hide the email addresses of your receipients from each other. I will not do any good to use BCC if you don't get rid of the original sender address(es) in the body of the mail. Getting rid of those is very simple.

Click Forward.

When the mail opens drag your cursor over the address and subject. RIGHT click, choose cut or delete.

Alternate method: drag the cursor over the address and hit the delete key on your keyboard.

This will get rid of the previous sender address(es). Your receipient will never see it.

You can also delete the fw: in the subject line.

Posted Image

For photobucket this might work.

Sign in to photobucket.

At the top right-hand side of the page you will see your user name. Next to that is a drop-down arrow. Click the arrow, choose Account Settings.

Change your email address. Scroll down and click Save.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 December 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#6 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

BCC will only hide the email addresses of your receipients from each other. I will not do any good to use BCC if you don't get rid of the original sender address(es) in the body of the mail. Getting rid of those is very simple.

Click Forward.

When the mail opens drag your cursor over the address and subject. RIGHT click, choose cut or delete.

Alternate method: drag the cursor over the address and hit the delete key on your keyboard.

This will get rid of the previous sender address(es). Your receipient will never see it.

You can also delete the fw: in the subject line.

Posted Image

For photobucket this might work.

Sign in to photobucket.

At the top right-hand side of the page you will see your user name. Next to that is a drop-down arrow. Click the arrow, choose Account Settings.

Change your email address. Scroll down and click Save.

Thanks.

I am so glad you are on this site !!!!

Thanks to all for the help

Dennis

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

I forgot to mention that photobucket will send you an email requesting confirmation of the address change.

I also have to thank you for the question about photobucket. While I was looking for a way to change your email address I discovered the one I had used to sign up with long ago is an email address that is no longer used because I deleted that email account. I did change my email address on photobucket tonight.

#8 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

See how helpful I can be even though I know nothing about computers or the Internet !

Dennis:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users