Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google 404 not found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vcalemine

vcalemine

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

I have to start by saying this is my mother's computer so i don't know much about it and i certainly have no clue how she got into this big mess. the extent of her computer life is facebook and zynga games, along with some online shopping. also keep in mind i am not a computer genius but i am not computer retarded either.

if my mother tries to use her google search bar on internet explorer (or firefox that i downloaded) or types in google.com, the page comes up blank except it says 404 not found. youtube is unaffected my dad took her laptop into the shop to get it fixed. the lady said she found or isolated the problem but some program has to run in the background to keep it away. i have yet to notice anything running in the background. my mother knows nothing about computers or what the lady did. my dad would be able to tell me but he is in ICU with a secondary infection that may or may not be killing him from his leukemia. (merry xmas to me) she has a compaq, hp, intel, pentium that is running on XP professional 2002 service pack 3 (holy crap this computer is old)

I ran malwarebyte and had three things show up and were quarantined. i also ran advanced system care 5 which showed nothing, however i did use its sister software iobit malware fighter. it has showed three different thing. these were pup.zugo. is there anything else i need to add?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Check this

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/15289-google-nginx-404-error

Good luck

#3 vcalemine

vcalemine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

well i do believe that did the trick. it works on IE and firefox and i rebooted and it is still functioning. i guess i will tell my dad to ask for his money back.

thank you so much for your help :thumbup2:

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users