Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google’s seasonal Easter egg: ‘Let it snow’

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

"To see Google’s frosty, snowy surprise, type in: “let it snow” in the search engine.

Not only will Google serve up the snowfall effect in HTML5, the page becomes even icier by frosting up the screen like a car windscreen on a cold, winter morning. Using your mouse, you can wipe the screen with your virtual sleeve to wipe away the frost and condensation revealing a selection of seasonal videos."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/london/googles-seasonal-easter-egg-8216let-it-snow/1749

Not as fun as "Barrel Roll" or "Gravity", but fun for the season.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Sounds really neat but it wouldn't work for me. Found this blurb at Digital Life:

(You'll need to use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to see this in action; it doesn't work using Internet Explorer).

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Thats cool lol. Nothing from google that is an Easter egg works in ie. Google would like to think it doesnt exist.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 nnoa110

nnoa110

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Thats cool lol. Nothing from google that is an Easter egg works in ie. Google would like to think it doesnt exist.

It works on IE9 here...

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

(You'll need to use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to see this in action; it doesn't work using Internet Explorer).

Or opera. :whistle:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

That was a quote from the link I posted. Since I've never used any other browser than IE, I must miss out on a lot of cool stuff from Google. :wink:

#7 lti

lti

• Members
  • 594 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

I could see it in Internet Explorer 9.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

That's because ie9 has HTML 5. It doesnt work in opera animal?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

It does for me. Then again, I've tweaked my opera settings too.

If needed I can show you a screen capture.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#10 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Works in FF8, IE8, doesn't work in IE9 <_<

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Another seasonal easter egg. Do a search for 'Christmas Day'.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#12 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks, Animal. That is really clever.

Here's an Okie greeting to you...
Posted Image

Edited by TulsaRose, 25 December 2011 - 06:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users