Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OL 2010 infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Seks

Seks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

I am using OL 2010 to access my hotmail.ca email account.

In my DELETED ITEMS folder, I noticed that there are a few emails which I supposedly sent to a few of my specific friends. The emails content are:

Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:52 PM
To:
Subject: Fwd: I am finally became Boss...

Hey friend...
I kept telling myself things would get better this gave me confidence when I needed it most now im headed straight for the top just trying to help out a friend
Malicious link removed
see you.

Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:53 PM
To:
Subject: RE: I AM FREE NOW

Hi.
it was in desperate need of an alternative my life would still be miserable without this this filled a void in my life soon you could be living the dream
Malicious link removed
talk to you soon.

Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:52 PM
To:
Subject: Hey there How are you?...

Hey friend...
hope was fading fast this was my ticket to the fast life now I know how it feels to be important just thought id share the wealth
Malicious link removed
talk to you later.

I'd think the emails that got sent would be in the SENT ITEMS folder. But from the looks of it, they automatically get moved to DELETED ITEMS folder.

Anyone know how to get rid of this pesky infection that my OL 2010 is having?

I am also using my iphone to access my hotmail.ca email account but I don't think my iphone is infected?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 December 2011 - 11:24 AM.
Malicious Links Removed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users