Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"NTLDR is missing" issue with computer featuring no cd rom drive, floppy drive, or flash drive support..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 One to Remember

One to Remember

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

two weeks ago i was bought a Fujitsu B series lifebook computer.

About 5 days ago I had got that virus stating I had a "processor running at 83 degrees", "hard drive clusters are partly damaged", "must scan to fix this issue", yatta yatta yatta and some other classic virus jive talk i cant remember at this moment. At first it kept bothering me about the scan, then it started popping up 57 windows in short succesion, then i couldnt access my other files, then my desk top went black and was reduced to 4 icons, start menu was obliterated.

try combo fix, trend micro, some other reliable programs but i would either down load them and they'd disappear or in the case of combofix it would load then exit out quickly. It reached a point were i just couldn't boot my computer up anymore.

NTLDR was missing it said. I am not sure if that virus deleted it or if the computer and its hd were just old and wore out. It was from the flea market.. I cant get past that error msg, there is no flash drive boot up option on this old thing, i have no floppy drive with it, it has no cd rom drive, ive heard the external usb cd rom drive cant be used to boot it up but im not 100 percent sure.

Someone else with the same notebook reported that it would not allow usb cd rom drive boot up. I have been told network boot is an option but i was told thats just to access it after its turned on and its not what i think its for. I was told an hd switch was a good option but i dont know how to remove the hd from the fujitsu, and i dont know if it uses a special connector cable.

I have an acer aspire 2680 but I dont know if it would work in that laptop. I am not sure what to do at this point with it. I am not even sure if im posting this in the right section but i know I'm on the right site because a top contributer at Yahoo answers directed me here and I have seen the main site giving input on other issues rocking the technological world.

Mod Edit: Edited content to make more readable/understandable ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2011 - 12:46 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 One to Remember

One to Remember
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

i think im past infected moderator. saying im still in the infection stage is like telling someone with cervical cancer to take the HPV vaccine..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users