Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 add-ins just like disappeared without a reason

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hello all,

I don't know how realistic this is, but can Outlook 2010 add-ins disappear for no reason? I'm using outlook 2010 Professional + Edition, and lately, I don't know when or where, some of my add-ins have had their menus stripped out of Outlook's UI. I can still see the folder for the Business Contact manager, but none of its choices reside in right-click menus for contacts, messages, or anything anymore. Neither can I see people's social updates when I have the facebook for Outlook social connector provider in here. Very strange. And also, I cannot see anything to do with Access 2010 since that add-in kept giving me a custom UI runtime error, so I disabled it. I'll reenable and post back the error. I'd like to be able to have all of my add-ins working so that I can explore and benefit from them considering Microsoft has given us default sets of add-ins for a reason, right? And to let you know, I have had to repair office a couple of times because Outlook was always a little bit stubborn when it comes to functioning at times on this computer as well. If you have any advice, please let me know. Any assistance is much appreciated.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users