Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection keeps resetting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amking23

amking23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

So I have been having this problem for ages and it keeps going away then coming back. But anyway, I will be using the internet and I will try to load a new page and I get this error on Google Chrome: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset. It happens on Firefox too, and I think it is something with my computer, not the connection, because other people in my house use wireless and don't have this problem. Also, the internet is never actually disconnected, because I always still have bars. I can usually get it running again by closing the browser and restarting it, but sometimes it happens with every other page I try to load and it gets kind of annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba and we use a wireless router.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Try clearing your cache first and use Free Ccleaner. Can you confirm your wired connection is ok?
What protection softwares are installed?

Tekken

#3 amking23

amking23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

I cleared the cache and plugged it in with an ethernet cord and I still have the same problems. And I use Avast.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Can you try running home network connection with only the troubled computer connected?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users