Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System/Net Access EXTREMELY SLOW

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Was trying to log on to my home page and access some sites I regularly go to but couldln't.

Is there some sort of test to do (I tried microsoft tests on my computer but didn't seem to accomplish much) to tell me what his hanging up my system? for NO APPARENT REASON I couldn't pull up home page or any pages on net without timing out.

I did pull up a list of everything running but mostly I cannot tell what might be there that shouldn't?

Restarted and seem to be working about normal but I'm concerned if something is up?? Thanks for any tips/info

Edited by kcsummer, 17 December 2011 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Oh, well, I apologize. I have found out the culprit, I should have thought of it before but it was behaving a little differently from normal. It is not my computer it is my phone line, which TRULY SUCKS (Clear is the name). CLEAR is such a huge MISNOMER for this company as it cannot be clear when it keeps shutting down 4 times a day or more. Since I don't sit and watch the modem which carries both my phone and my computer I'm sure it probably goes down times that I am not aware of.

Anyway usually it shows a sympol on top of my icon for net connection and it did but it was yellow so I didn't see it as easily.

All I can say is that as far as Kansas City is concerned CLEAR is the worst company I have ever had and trying to get hold of them is ridiculous.

Now, if you are a couple days late with your payment THEN they will be right on top of you interfering with your internet usage.

Anyway THAT'S what was the matter so disregard this subject, it is a NON-ISSUE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users