Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD while installing Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jgc1982

jgc1982

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

This is my first post, so I hope I placed this in the right forum.

I have a:

Toshiba Satelite P205-S7806

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 @1.6GHz
RAM 2.00 GB

Install starts just fine (from windows 7 disk). Upon first restart it loads to the Windows 7 startup screen. Next comes the BSOD! It contains the following errors:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

This happens if I upgrade of try to install on a blank partition. Most Google searches tell me to change my SATA config in BIOS. Not sure if this is my problem or not, but I have no such settings in my BIOS. What step should I take next?

Note: This computer was running Windows 7 at one point before (about a year ago). Hard drive crashed while in Iraq. I sent it back home to a computer shop and they replace my hard drive (and gave me Vista! ). Aside from the hard drive, everything else is stock.

Once again, I am new here, so if I have posted incorrectly or not in enough detail, then I am truly sorry and will do better next time :)

Here are the requested zip files:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2229786817/files.zip

I am not able to enable minidump for some reason. It appears to be enabled, but upon restart it is disabled again. Not sure what the problem is there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Not to mention a donation to your PayPal account!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

What mechanism are you using to attempt this "upgrade" from Vista?

What media?

Toshiba recovery/restore disks?

Have you looked at Toshiba Resources For Guidance ?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users