Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why are two websites that I always get on, suddenly not loading anymore on any of my computers, or web browers such google chrome and fire fox?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dedistis

Dedistis

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

I have: Chrome, Firefox, and internet explorer. The Main browser I use is Chrome, not recently but a little while ago, two sites that I would go to ALL of the time suddenly stopped working for me, so I asked a question on yahoo answers before, asking if the websites sites were working for anyone else, they all said the sites were working perfectly for them! Then someone gave me a link to a website called "Down for everyone or just me?" I typed in the two websites I've been trying to access in the search bar and sure enough it said "It's just you, the website is up"

When I try to load these pages on google chrome, I get an error message exactly like this:

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find kanji.koohii.com
Try reloading: kanji.­koohii.­com
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of kanji.­koohii.­com
Search on Google:"

Here's the other site:

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.guidetojapanese.org
Try reloading: www.­guidetojapanese.­org
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of www.­guidetojapanese.­org
Search on Google:"

And when i click on the grey globe on to the left of the address bar, I get 3 notifications saying:

1: "the identity of this website has not been verified"

2: "your connection to the site is not encrypted"

3: "You have never visited this site before today"

How do I fix these errors?

I know I'm typing these sites correctly as I've typed them in like a thousand times before! Is there anyone out there that can tell me what the hell is going on with my sites? The sites obviously work! I need these sites to work for me! I'm trying to learn Japanese and these sites are essential.

Additional info, stuff I've done already:

I recently restored my computer to factory settings (these two website problems started happening before I reset to factory settings mind you) even on the desktop CP, the sites would not work. After I reset the laptop to factory settings, the websites Still aren't working! I re-installed google chrome and firefox.

I already cleared the cache.

I have 60 days of Norton Anti virus protection (came with the factory restore), recently scanned, so I know I don't have any viruses.

I'm using an HP laptop. Running Vista Home premium.

The HP desktop computer running windows 7, with windows or microsoft security essentials
(whichever it's supposed to be) won't load these two sites either.

All other sites work perfectly on both the laptop and desktop cp, there are no other sites that I know of yet, that aren't working for me
except for these two websites.

Can SOMEONE tell me what's going on and how to fix this PLEASE! I've posted on google forums and other places still no responses! I've tried the firefox and even internet explorer browers, still nothing with these two sites. And I think that's about it, someone please get back to me as quickly as possible! This totally sucks :\

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

How is your computer connected to the internet....DSL modem....cable modem...router....wireless, etc?
Have you tried resetting any of the above?
What country are you in?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Dedistis

Dedistis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

I live in the United States, and I we have a linkys modem, and I've already tried resetting it, :\

#4 Dedistis

Dedistis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

How is your computer connected to the internet....DSL modem....cable modem...router....wireless, etc?
Have you tried resetting any of the above?
What country are you in?

I live in the USA (Missouri), and I am currently connected to a Linkys modem, And yes I've already reset it :o
We actually reset the modem at some points in the day cause sometimes the internet goes out, it doesn't go out often though. But when it does,
we unplug the modem for about 10 to 30 seconds and then plug it back in and then we're back in business.

Edited by deedrio, 17 December 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

See info in link below for resetting Linksys cable modem.
How to Reset a Linksys Cable Modem | eHow.com

Two other things that are worth trying is flushing your dns and using a different
dns server.
How to flush dns in Vista:
Flushing DNS on newer versions of Windows is almost as easy as the earlier versions but due to Microsofts security additions you must run the command prompt with administrator privileges.
  • Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
  • Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
  • Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"
Note: It is also possible to type in "cmd" into the Windows Vista / Windows 7 start menu search field and then right click on the cmd.exe result instead of having to navigate through the various sub menus.

How to change to OpenDNS: Using OpenDNS On Your Windows Vista PC

I've used OpenDNS for a year or so now without any problems.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Dedistis

Dedistis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Oh my gosh! You're a genius! Thank you SOO freaking much! As soon as I typed in the numbers for the open DNS thing, those two sites started working instantly!
thank you so much! I really appreciate everyone's time and effort to help me! どもありがとうございます!

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Glad your computer's missouries are gone. You are welcome.

#8 diana20025

diana20025

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I am having the same problem but its on my new MACBOOK. Adobe.com is the site. On Firefox it says that the identity of this website cannot be verified. And on Safari it says it can't connect to adobe's server. Help! Any advise would be appreciated!

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Welcome to BC....There is a forum for Mac users.....Mac OS - BleepingComputer.com

If you need instructions for setting up OpenDNS on a mac....Power-up your Mac's internet connection with OpenDNS

Using OpenDNS may or may not solve your problem connecting to Adobe.com.
OpenDNS is being touted as offering protection from the Flashback malware that has recently been
discovered on 700,000 plus Mac computers. See here for details...OpenDNS Community > Blog > Worried about Mac malware? Just set up OpenDNS.

If switching DNS server does not solve the problem, I suggest you open another topic in the Mac Forum.

#10 diana20025

diana20025

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I will try this! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users