Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP notebook internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lynngood

lynngood

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

I have no clue what is happening to computer. system restore, help and support, firewall when i click on anything to try to fix or restore just says ....service is stopped and would i like to start. I push yes and nothing. Went to
system configuration and most services have stopped running. im using another computer so i can read what to do and fixx other one. no internet on one im trying to fix. ready to just shut it off and throw whole thing away.

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2011 - 06:15 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lynngood

lynngood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

HP notebook with built in WI-FI will connect to network but network wont connect to internet. Its windows vista no 7. does anyone ever respond to these posts.

Edited by lynngood, 16 December 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

HP notebook with built in WI-FI will connect to network but network wont connect to internet. Its windows vista no 7. does anyone ever respond to these posts.

Hello lynngood -
Your XP item has been moved to Am I Infected section of the forum, as that was more suitable for it.
Have you contacted your Internet Provider yet as to why you cannot get access to internet ??
There can always be a minor fault at their end, or a setting changed in your computer.
There is also a section for Networking http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum21.html on the forum for these items.

Thank You -

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hello lynngood, I have merged your two topics, as they are about the same issue.

Please do not start another topic, but instead give a clear description of what happened. Did this problem occur all of a sudden, or did it occur after something else happened?

What service exactly is stopped, can you copy the exact message?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users