Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OEM System Restore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EkkoRhode

EkkoRhode

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Laptop = Toshiba Satellite T135-S1309
OS = Windows 7 Home Premium
Unit does not have a CD/DVD drive

I gave a co-worker 50 bucks for this pc because it doesn't work and he just bought a new one, so I have no manuals or restore disks. Apparently he had a virus and tried to cure it and damaged the master file table,the OS, and the recovery options to restore from a hidden hard drive partition.

To make the long story short. I have used quite a few flashdrive utilities to retrieve the hidden recovery files and copied them to a portable usb hard drive. I have formated the hard drive to ntfs x86 and restored the master file table. I haven't added a second partition. So, I have a formatted hard drive and no OS running and no CD/DVD drive.

I have tried to boot to the external usb hard drive to the recovery files, which inclde the OS, and I get the same error he was getting (F3-F100-0006)from the recovery partition. I don't want to buy a new version of Windows so here are my questions

Anyone know what that F3-F100-0006 error is? I can't find a defininitve answer.
If so, can that error be repaired so I can boot to the recovery files?
If not, Is there a way to extract the OEM version of Windows from the recovery files to make it executable? I believe they are saved as .svm image files and I have the license key for it on the back of the pc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Is there a way to extract the OEM version of Windows from the recovery files to make it executable? I believe they are saved as .svm image files and I have the license key for it on the back of the pc.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Wouldn't say it was impossible. Tenacity would be the key.
Why not borrow identical OS install media and activate by phone? If it is worth 2-4 hours of your time, there you have it and therein lies the rub. It will be legal. :blink:

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Have you read the info in link below?
Error code displays "F3-FF00-0006" on Windows 7 models

QUOTE:
On Windows 7 Models, if the HDD Recovery process was interrupted by pressing the "Cancel" button, then the next time you run HDD Recovery, it may not work correctly.

The error code "F3-FF00-0006" will be displayed and recovery will not continue.

Resolution: Download and install HDD recovery update tool version 1.0.0.1 or later.

HDD Recovery Update Tool

My read of that is the recovery tool would need to be installed in an existing OS which you have already erased thru formatting.
Have you asked Toshiba for a copy of Win7?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 EkkoRhode

EkkoRhode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

I suppose I will call Toshiba. After reading that it looks as though I would have to run that tool to get the recover process going. Thanks for the links.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

hold in the "zero" key when booting the laptop should bring up the recover on a Toshiba , to reinstall windows to factory settings

Edited by caperjac, 17 December 2011 - 08:37 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 EkkoRhode

EkkoRhode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

hold in the "zero" key when booting the laptop should bring up the recover on a Toshiba , to reinstall windows to factory settings

First thing I tried, but thanks.

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

I suppose I will call Toshiba. After reading that it looks as though I would have to run that tool to get the recover process going. Thanks for the links.

Toshiba does charge for recovery media, However that will restore the software to as bought condition. They are not the fastest either. Last one I saw took a while.

If you go the use a windows DVD and the product key off of the bottom route. You will want to install all the Toshiba special software for best results. Especially the TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Package) And some others as well as the drivers.

Edited by rotor123, 19 December 2011 - 02:36 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users