My computer was infected with a virus 2 days ago.
I have no knowledge of viruses and as a result of many viruses before (which completely corrupted my hard drive twice, I had to buy 2 new ones and I lost all of my important and dear data) I was lead to believe that the best way to get rid of it would be to completely reinstall my computer. I just bought a 1TB Hard Drive today for £62 so I can backup all of my work.
Now, before I do that I just want to have one more go to kill this unwanted virus. Just to let you know, I used:
- Mcafee Net Protect Plus (the firewall has been blocked by the virus)
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (which only removed one and there seems to be more)
- CC Cleaner (fixed the blocked firewall issue once and it stayed blocked after that)
- SpyBot Search and Destroy (finds nothing)
- Security Task Manger (to check for unknown processes)
- aswMBR (it found something suspicious but I'm worried about the warning)
- Mcafee stinger (finds nothing)
- HijackThis (found something)
- Windows Malicious Removal Tool (removed something but there's more)
I was going to use ComboFix and all the other dangerous programs but I thought it'd be appropriate to come here first.
Info about the virus I have:
- It opens spam tabs with 'keywords' from my searches (from Firefox).
- It redirects a link I clicked on from Google.
- It has blocked my firewall, this is my greatest issue.
- It has partially removed my admin rights, it won't let me remove a suspicious file, I had to use a specialised
tool to remove it.
- It randomly opens websites. The most common one is WAYN.com, it's doing my head in!!
- It crashed my computer twice (it just crashed 2 minutes ago), I was left with my jaw dropped waiting for it to load. I don't want to lose anything!
Edited by medicine, 16 December 2011 - 04:35 PM.