Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 2012 Virus - Followed removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stampede1000

Stampede1000

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was infected with that nasty Win 7 2012 anti-virus, virus. I followed the removal instruction found here on Bleepingcomputers.

Everything seemed fine for about a week, then to my shock and awe, it was there again. I removed it again. The very next day it reappeared and I once again followed the removal instructions. After removal the third time I noticed I would occasionally get redirects on Firefox. Not every time, but sometimes. And sometimes I would just be sitting on a site and all of a sudden get a redirect. This is when I noticed I can't set my firewall. I get an error saying "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error Code 0x80.70424. When searching google I see this a lot, but not found any sound solutions.

I must either still have some infections or I'm picking them up because my firewall is not active.

I've run Malwarebytes (updated) and Ad-Adware scans each time it finds objects after I have been on the internet. I've run it/them in safe mode and normal mode.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gotthesolution

gotthesolution

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Man... I never EVER post on these websites.. I searched for a good hour before I finally came up with a solution that worked (all of microsoft, you guys, everywhere)........

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/5366225a-46e7-4d6c-a389-8bd18a5c3aad

2 seperate solutions.. The first one did the trick for me after numerous failed attempts from Microsoft Repair tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users