Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox redirect and "Vista Antivirus"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WantAWorkingComputer

WantAWorkingComputer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hello,

I've had the Firefox search redirect virus recently. You enter a Google search, click on a link and it takes you past that link to something else -- often Gimme Answers or Daily Finance. It doesn't happen in other browsers. It's even inconsistent in Firefox; sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

I've followed instructions on web pages to clear the cache and clear DNS. That seemed to help, but didn't resolve the problem entirely.

Then yesterday, I developed the more serious problem of the "Vista Antivirus" virus. Lots of fake error messages, can't get into browsers or other software unless I do "run as administrator." I ran Malwarebytes and Spybot, and they seem to have solved the problem.

What I'd like to do is:

1. Be sure the "Vista Antivirus" virus is gone.
2. Get rid of the Firefox search redirect virus.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users