Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 2012 Antispyware Virus Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ahv86

ahv86

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

I am utterly lost and require guidance and assistance from anyone who is willing to help me.

I did my best to follow the guide Here but could not get past "Step 5"

Whenever I attempted this an alert from Avast popped up warning me that the file was potentially harmful and how would I like to proceed. I was given three options: 1. Sandbox (recommended), 2. Open anyway, 3. Close.

When I asked it to open in sandbox or to open anyway the window would close only to pop back up again in a second or two.

Is this because I was not running in safe mode? I fear that I need a very patient step-by-step process to get me through this.

[EDIT:]
I ran my computer in safe mode and activated "rkill". I then ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it came up with 1 infected file. I fired up the computer in normal mode and didn't see any of the telltale signs of Win 2012 Antispyware Virus but was very suspicious it was still there because my computer was running slowly. I could go onto Mozilla Firefox without the warning page coming up and all of that jazz. Out of curiosity I tried to run "rkill" again and found that I had the same Avast window pop-up and warn me about proceeding.

I decided to try and run my computer and safe mode and run another MBAM scan and see what it comes up with. After the results of this scan, unless I am completely sure that it is fixed I will stop everything that I am doing, just in case I am making problems worse. I will patiently await someone's help.

Edited by ahv86, 16 December 2011 - 05:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 www computerites com

www computerites com

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

Reinstall you system.

#3 nnoa110

nnoa110

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

Hello ahv86,

As you are having malware related problems, you might not get a helpful assistance in this forum, therefore I advise you to post your problem in this forum.

#4 ahv86

ahv86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Hello ahv86,

As you are having malware related problems, you might not get a helpful assistance in this forum, therefore I advise you to post your problem in this forum.

Thank you nnoa110! I appreciate the guidance.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Now that you have posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432770.html in Am I Infected? I am closing this topic to avoid confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users