Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sciencerob

sciencerob

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

So using a link from this site(Not blaming, I should of gotten more help) I removed a 2012 virus(it came up trying to pretend to be a virus remover). Using anti- malware(recommended by your site; once again not blaming the site) I removed the virus from my laptop successfully. Now whenever I try to open a .exe file it asks me which file to use(without giving me the option to use this program every time). This makes me have to select it every time I try to open any type of .exe file. Anything from Microsoft word, itunes, notepad you name it.

I have no idea where to start.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

Download

http://www.winhelponline.com/fileasso/exefix_vista.zip

Extract and run the registry fix

Good luck

#3 sciencerob

sciencerob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Download

http://www.winhelponline.com/fileasso/exefix_vista.zip

Extract and run the registry fix

Good luck

That did the trick thanks.

Edit: Something new I found this morning... I heard audio with no pop-ups and IE kept asking to be set as my browser. When I go to check out my processes I find 47oux.com 3 separate times. Couldn't close them as a regular user. When going to admin to close processes I find four more processes 47OUX~1.COM. Not sure what this is but google doesn't pull up anything. I think this is malware...should I make a thread in the malware section or can this be moved?

EDIT 2: this is a new thing that keeps popping up as well(after closing out the .com processes they have not returned.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4c3fcef3
Fault Module Name: svchost.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c3fcef3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000019fc
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e3cf
Additional Information 2: d42237859197873da486d40409b96ff9
Additional Information 3: 6c0b
Additional Information 4: aa837275b05be2e8edd9d210727eabf9

Occurs every 5-10 minutes.

Edited by sciencerob, 16 December 2011 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users