Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't start in normal or safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moglie

moglie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Yesterday, I added malware bytes protection and also last night installed avg 2012. Ran scans, everything was moving faster. Shut down last night...and this morning windows will not come on in normal or safe mode. When try to start in safe mode it says STOP: c0000135 program cannot start %hs is missing. On another post with similar code it had a link to put on usb drive and to put in infected laptop and restart with f8. When I did that it said no bootable partition in table. When usb is not in it just goes back to stop message. I have a dell inspiron core i3 (I don't know if that matters). I have tried running restore to previous time and it did not work. when i click on repair it goes to the launch window or start in safe mode option. I am really hoping to restore without losing info on computer. All my pictures and itunes are not backed up. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moglie

moglie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

My son just told me he ran combo fix yesterday after reading somewhere it gets rid of security alert virus....he said he never uninstalled it...I don't know if that comes into play. He said that it was restarted a few times after and it still worked fine.

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Read the following link regarding combofix. # 5 might give you some direction...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users