The specific problem is that my browser hangs when I press the "update" button in the back end of a wordpress site. It doesn't always happen the first time, but after hitting the update button 3 or 4 times my browser stops responding, and to get it to work again I have to restart my computer. Some more details about the problem:
- I do not get any error message. The page just sits there "loading".
- I can not access any other web page after that even though I can open new tabs.
- I get no error messages in the task manager, it just says Chrome, Fire fox, IE or whatever browser I am trying is "running"
- When I ping the website with command prompt it reaches it fine. But the browser can not reach the page.
- When this occurs in Chrome if have checked "about:conflicts" in chrome, it tells me there are no conflicts.
- I can surf the web normally, watch videos, go to any website, purchase stuff online play games without any problems.
But the moment I try to edit and update a wordpress page, my browsers stop responding, no error message, and the only way to get them working again is to restart the computer.
computer specs: Dell Studio1747
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU q720 @1.60 GHz
Ram 4 Gb
system type 64 bit
running Windows 7 home premium service pack 1
I have kaspersky Internet Srecurity 2010 and it is constantly updated.
did a scan with superantispyware came up clean, scanned with malwarebytes, came up clean.
everything else works perfectly.
My Wife's laptop is having the same problem. She took her laptop somewhere else to try on a different connection. Still had the same problem. Been looking extensively online for other having the same problem as I, and haven't found anyone.
If anyone has any clue what could be going on I am dying to know! Thanks in advance