Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Browsers stop responding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JWilliamt

JWilliamt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Hi all thanks for being there. For the last week I have been having a problem whenever I try to update any wordpress site.

The specific problem is that my browser hangs when I press the "update" button in the back end of a wordpress site. It doesn't always happen the first time, but after hitting the update button 3 or 4 times my browser stops responding, and to get it to work again I have to restart my computer. Some more details about the problem:

• I do not get any error message. The page just sits there "loading".
  • I can not access any other web page after that even though I can open new tabs.
  • I get no error messages in the task manager, it just says Chrome, Fire fox, IE or whatever browser I am trying is "running"
  • When I ping the website with command prompt it reaches it fine. But the browser can not reach the page.
  • When this occurs in Chrome if have checked "about:conflicts" in chrome, it tells me there are no conflicts.
  • I can surf the web normally, watch videos, go to any website, purchase stuff online play games without any problems.

But the moment I try to edit and update a wordpress page, my browsers stop responding, no error message, and the only way to get them working again is to restart the computer.

computer specs: Dell Studio1747
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU q720 @1.60 GHz
Ram 4 Gb
system type 64 bit

running Windows 7 home premium service pack 1

I have kaspersky Internet Srecurity 2010 and it is constantly updated.
did a scan with superantispyware came up clean, scanned with malwarebytes, came up clean.
everything else works perfectly.

My Wife's laptop is having the same problem. She took her laptop somewhere else to try on a different connection. Still had the same problem. Been looking extensively online for other having the same problem as I, and haven't found anyone.

If anyone has any clue what could be going on I am dying to know! Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

Have you checked to see if there's something wrong with Wordpress?

#3 JWilliamt

JWilliamt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Yes I did, I deactivated all the plugins, checked the wordpress forums etc. People have seen versions of this problem over the last few years, but nothing that matches exactly what I described. I also work with others on some of Wordpress sites, and no one that I am working with has run into this.

#4 JWilliamt

JWilliamt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

Just wanted to give an update, It seems that Kaspersky is causing the problem, just shut it down and the problem disappeared. So I am contacting kasperky support to get this issue resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users