Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:44 PM
I thank you in advance for your help,
I have the following issues with my computer:
1) I get frequent pop-ups with the message "TCP/IP Ping Command has stopped working"
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
(option) Check online for a solution (recommended)
2) AVG pop-ups appear frequently with "Threat Deleted" notices
3) Firefox and IE freeze for periods of time, then continue.
4) I lose Internet Access for periods of time (no doubt accounting for 3 above)
5) Occasionally I lose Internet Access altogether and have to turn my internet modem off, unplug it for 10
secs, plug it back in and turn it on again to regain access.
6) I also get the occasional BSOD - maybe 2-3 times per week.
The problems started after I ran Malwarebytes the last time. MB "fixed" a couple of malware issues, but
does not show any issues when I run it now.
I have the following System:
Dell XPS M1330 Specs
Model: Inspiron M1330
Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 3.0 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Windows Edition: Windows Vista Home Premium
Service pack 2