Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

compacted emails and lost 10 months of messages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ellenspage

ellenspage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Today I got attacked by the 2012 XP virus. I managed to get rid of it , or so I thought. I ran several scans, very slow. I now have serious problem with email. I can receive messages but can not send any. I get this error message:An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Server: 'smtp.embarqmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 [C19] SBL-XBL Restriction: See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=67.235.47.67' Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69. Also, I keep being alerted to compact email messages to free up disc space and when I do, I lose 10 months of messages! HELP!!! Thanks to anyone who can help me,
Ellen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You must be using Outlook Express for your email then

For your inability to send, check with your ISP to see if they need the "My server requires authentication" box checked in OE andd what the port settings are.

OE requiests that you compact messages after every 100 uses.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm line 367 has a script that resets the counter to zero.
I have used it many times
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users