Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get "Bricks" or Coupon.com coupons 2 Print

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saubunch

saubunch

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

I was able to print coupons from coupons.com until about 1 year ago. Many websites use their technology to print in store coupons too. I have tried every tip and trick that they offer. I have tried using Firefox and IE. Nothing. It keeps telling me to install the "coupon printer" which I do. Then uninstall it and reinstall it...over and over and over...you get the idea. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my printer to see if that was the problem. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. I've spent the better part of the year trying to solve this myself. I give up.
Thank you in advance!!!!!!
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but it makes you smile if you push them down a flight of stairs!
XP H.E.Version 2002 S.P.2 - eMachines W3107, AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3100+,1.81 GHz, 384 MB of RAM,FIC K8MC51G,nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer,Seagate 93GB IDE,Ffox & O.E.,Cable Modem,AVAST 4.7.1098 /McAfee AVERT Stinger,SpywareBlaster 3.5.0.1/SpyNoMore/Spyware Dr./Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware 2007,ProCon/Windows Firewall/HijackThis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

I was able to print coupons from coupons.com until about 1 year ago.

Hi -
How are you going with printing any other internet pages.
Check your Printer Drivers in > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) > Printer.
Also look at Printers and Faxes to make sure your printer is enabled and online -

Regards -

#3 saubunch

saubunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Everything else prints perfectly for me. Only 1 printer installed and is set to default, ready and online. Others have had the same issues with printing from coupons.com or the "brick" coupon technology. I've tried their troubleshooting tips too, like managing add ons. Everything it says to do, my computer is already set to. It just keeps telling me I need to install the coupon printer over and over. If I try reinstalling it when I already have it on my computer it tells me I "successfully updated the coupon printer" but still doesn't print anything and tells me to install it again. It's almost like it's not going to the next webpage. Almost like it's stuck on the installation page for some reason.
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but it makes you smile if you push them down a flight of stairs!
XP H.E.Version 2002 S.P.2 - eMachines W3107, AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3100+,1.81 GHz, 384 MB of RAM,FIC K8MC51G,nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer,Seagate 93GB IDE,Ffox & O.E.,Cable Modem,AVAST 4.7.1098 /McAfee AVERT Stinger,SpywareBlaster 3.5.0.1/SpyNoMore/Spyware Dr./Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware 2007,ProCon/Windows Firewall/HijackThis

#4 saubunch

saubunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Ports:
COM 1: Communications Port
LPT 1: Printer Port

Under the Properties for the printer port, should I change the Port settings? It's set to "Never use an interrupt"

Edited by saubunch, 16 December 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Take a look here: http://www.coupons.com/Couponweb/Themes/CM_BigBlue/_include/FAQ.html?pid=13306&zid=iq37&nid=10&pt=mODcQPkfHt23316448082

Also since this is a program that is specific for the website I would try to contact whoever makes the program. Have you tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it? Not just try to reinstall it?
:)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#6 saubunch

saubunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I've been to the coupons.com troubleshooting page many many times and have uninstalled the coupon printer many many times before reinstalling it. I have exhausted all the usual resources, I really am computer literate/savvy, I am just at a complete loss trying to figure this one out.
And yes, I did email them over the problem and they sent me a url to their troubleshooting page! LOL! Where did they think I got their contact info???
I'm going to download Google Chrome and see if I have the same problem there.

Edited by saubunch, 16 December 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

You may want to try installing google chrome and see if it works on that: google.com/chrome

If not then I really don't know what else to try.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 saubunch

saubunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

Well, tried installing Chrome....same problem. It won't take me past this page:
http://www.coupons.com/Couponweb/Install.aspx?pid=13306&zid=iq37&nid=10&pt=gVUMFGCFUb25916626061

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users