Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nazareth1

nazareth1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

hello my name is nazareth, First of thank god for bleepingcomputer.com you guys are awesome!!

Second, i have a problem. Each time i try to open the internet explorer this pops out

internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for inconvinience.

I you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell microsoft about this problem.
we have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Internet explorer. we will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
to see what data this error report contains, click here.
DEBUG Send Error report Don't send

The same mesege appear when i open my majic jack except its says majic jacK has encounted a problem.....
any program that i liked to the inter isnt working

BUT SURPRISINGLY I OPEN GOOGLE CHROM AND IT WORK FAST AND NORMAL

i also went to the control panel and clicked on internet option but it says

RUNDLL
an exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDll
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl",Internet Options"
| OK |

i dont undertand whats going on but i think its a virus Please help me ihave no i dea what to do
Thank so so so much for help and your Website! bye :dance:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

It is the case that you takes care, that you get updates from Microsoft.
After reading your message get I the impress that you have not the updates.
How do you get the updates from Microsoft, you get that as follows: Start, than do you see on the right hand above the button Microsoft updates, you hit that button and the engine will searching for the updates.
If you don't see the Microsoft updates button, than must you looking in all programs.
Why do you haven't this problem if you use Google Chrome? Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browser are two different browsers.
But not at least, if you use the Google Browser and you will not get the updates from Google, than get you in not a long time, the same problem.
I think that the program maker have developed his\her program in that way, that you are have the duty for accept the updates.
There is also another thing what is important and that is, that you will care that your system is clean from malware and other vulnerable and that your registry and hd. volume is not dirty.

#3 nazareth1

nazareth1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

thank you for your help!!!!! i will try it now!!!! :thumbsup:

#4 nazareth1

nazareth1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

i dont have a microsoft update option =(

#5 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hi, rest IE http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 now check to see if you have IE8 (xp)or what version you are running>press ALT+H, and then click About Internet Explorer. Download IE 8 then chech connection http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/downloads/ie
MCP
MSDST

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

The Windows update option from the start menu does not exist in XP. It is in Vista or greater.

Based on what you are saying, and with the shell32.dll message I think the system is infected with something.
I would download, install, update and run MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Get the free version and do the complete scan.

See if that takes care of some of the issues you are having.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

The Windows Update option (in XP) has always been/is an option via Start/All Programs...near the top.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

The Windows update option from the start menu does not exist in XP.

Weird, before I made the over step to Windows 7, had I Windows Xp and via Start on the right side, had I the Windows update option.
Of course could I to do that via all programs, but via my old machine was that not necessary.
I think that it is just how the factory has installed the os.
It is not possible for me, that I let see that I have right, because, I haven't the old machine anymore.
I had then an HP computer with Windows Xp home 32-bits, I have now a Windows 7 64-bits machine with my own installed os.

#9 nazareth1

nazareth1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

thank you all for your \hElpp merry christamsss!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users