Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd delay before programs start on Vista64

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bucketofbeef

bucketofbeef

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

I experience some odd delay when opening certain applications such as Firefox, Thunderbird and Steam., They start, but with an extra delay.
For example if I fire up Firefox I'll notice disk activity for some seconds and then nothing for 60 secs. After 60 seconds it will resume loading and Firefox would start. The application responds fast after that.

I've tried to uninstall these applications completely and reinstall. I then started them without any addons or profiles that might make it run slow. But I still get these delays. The system is otherwise responsive.
The hardware is fine (I have checked) and I've also tried to completely uninstall my firewall/antivirus/security suite and check if that was the issue, but it wasn't.

As I said this only concerns these three applications (to my knowledge).
The OS, is Vista 64 Business.

I made a post on this forum, but the thread kind of died
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/177183-odd-delay-before-control-panel-programs-start-windows-7-a-4.html#post1675732

Does anyone know a fix for this. it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by bucketofbeef, 15 December 2011 - 11:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YardDog1

YardDog1

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Hello bucketofbeef, welcome,
Here is a tutorial that may assist you : http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72308-auto-tuning-tcp-ip-receive-level.html
Give it a read and see if it is of any help

Please use restore points often

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users